Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Update

Today, Rae is with her family in Alexandria celebrating Sarah's first birthday.  Happy birthday, Sarah!  I hope and expect that Rae is taking lots of pictures so we can all see the fun.

I am spending this week with Nancy and Mike after an pleasant Amtrak ride from Alexandria to Williamsburg.  It was a 3 1/2 hour ride through some VA towns, including Fredricksburg, Quantico, and Richmond.  Today has been a very relaxing day:  Football, reading, cherry pie baking...  Mike fixed Dark and Stormys, a drink made from Bermuda rum and ginger beer.  I had to take a nap.

I am slowly getting photos organized and posted.  More soon.  E.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellen!
    Well looks like you are having a great time!
    I just figured out how to see your photos. You've seen some pretty amazing things!
    My favorite is of Mt Rushmore. You just can't believe that 400 people worked on this monument and was mostly carved by using dynamite!
    Can't wait to hear all about it!
    See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete