Monday, September 21, 2009

Catching My Breath...




Today was a catch-up day, like Ellen, I have been reviewing pictures I took on our trip... I am so glad we have digital cameras now so we can take as many photographs and we like... One of my favorite places we visited was the Minneapolis Farmers Market. While eating breakfast burritos we, Ellen, my cousin Annette and I watched this little Hmong girl arrange produce at the market, she was very effecient. There was row after row of vendors and some of the produce we had to ask about...especially "sour balls," a type of egg plant. Not only was the produce fresh...but very reasonable.
Visiting with my cousins was wonderful, especially seeing Annette and Tim's beautiful girls, Marian and her new husband, Erica and her family and Maggie the college student... all are very busy with busy families... Kim King, one of my daughters friends from high school (now living in Minneapolis) was able to spend the evening with us and joined us for a family dinner... it was so much fun...
Then today, I had time to check out the RV... we had lights go out on the back circuit (a fuse) that was easily replaced, two new windshield wipers, and an oil and filter change. Derrick is going to change the oil/filter so we don't have to move the RV... it is leveled in their driveway.
So, we will be ready for the second half of our adventure...
Brooke had to work today, but is off the rest of the week, so we can have several days together and I hope to have lunch with old friends from here in DC that I haven't seen for a while...
Good night... Rae and Zander








No comments:

Post a Comment