Thursday, October 15, 2009

She Who Dies With the Most Fabric Wins...

You probably thought we would talk about our journey today.  And maybe I will...but it occurs to me that we have more to share than just our travels.  A couple days ago, in an effort to be organized, I combined all of the fabric I have collected from at least 13 quilt shops and 2 quilt museums we have visited along the way.  I am frankly quite embarrassed by my apparent lack of self control when I am surrounded by so many beautiful fabrics.  Rae took a picture of me with my stack(s?!).  She has threatened me with blackmail but that is only because she has shamelessly refused to make a similar disclosure.  I think we are good candidates for a 12-step program, but for now we are taking a pledge of total abstinence!  No more quilt shops!!!  At least until we get back to our own favorite shop, Pioneer Quilts.  There!  I feel much better with confession...

Yesterday when we left Evanston, Wyoming, we were treated to a full rainbow across the sky.  Then Rae saw three antelope  running down the street.  The rest of the day was equally incredible!  We drove through Utah on I-80 on our way to our night's destination of Elko, Nevada.  Beautiful mountains, farms, and we caught of glimpse of Temple Square as we passed Salt Lake City, drove along the Great Salt Lake, and eventually stopped at the Bonneville Salt Flats to walk out on the Flats.  Today we will arrive in Silver Springs, NV to visit Rae's aunt.  Tomorrow we will go to Sacramento to visit my daughter Emily's family and my 3 grandchildren, Isabella, Noah, and Kai.  We are in the Pacific time zone at last, and feel closer to home.   We should be home by Tuesday, October 20.  Today is a gorgeous day!  Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment